HubSpot is definitely a company everyone in the online marketing world should watch closely! I wrote about them before, and still use their Grader products.
I got a preview of the new book by: Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah, both co-founders of HubSpot: Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs (The New Rules of Social Media). A great read really. Since the in my ‘past life’ I was into the recruitment and jobs, it was really interesting to read the part about the Recruitment of the Marketing Team. Here is a short snippet:
What does this change mean for your marketing staff? Simply put, your hiring
criteria need to change and your way of measuring performance needs to change
along with it. The following is a suggested framework called DARC for hiring and
developing inbound marketing savvy employees.
- D = Hire Digital Citizens
- A = Hire for Analytical chops
- R = Hire for Web Reach
- C = Hire Content Creators
They also wrote a long list of the handy questions for the recruiters hiring Inbound marketing staff. The list is really, really good:
- What RSS reader do you use? Can you show it to me?
- What blogs do you read?
- Do you rank first for your name in Google?
- Do you use Delicious? Can you show it to me?
- Do you have a blog? Can you show it to me?
- Do you use Facebook or LinkedIn? When was the last time you updated
- Do you use Twitter? Can you show me?
- Do you have a channel on YouTube? Can you show it to me?
Interview questions about the Reach:
- How many subscribers to your blog? Do you talk about our industry on
your blog or about personal stuff?
- How many Facebook followers do you have? Do you talk about our
industry at all on your Facebook account?
- How many LinkedIn followers do you have?
- How many Twitter followers?
The writing style is extremely light. A complete novice to the digital marketing should have no problems following the book. There are tons of good tips, pointing a reader on how to organise the Inbound Marketing team in the eBook itself. Well worth reading!!!!