Anyone who has a web site where the traffic is crucial to the success of the web site is pulling his hairs in the last couple of months. Why? On average the total amount of the Internet traffic is falling. If you monitor the web traffic of 100 or more web sites, you cannot not to notice the negative trend. And the general trend is a decline.
What does the recession have to do with it?
It is not really the question to answer. There are a number of the scenarios one can imagine:
1. There are less people working, so perhaps less people with the internet access.
2. People are more busy since their colleagues have been made redundant and their workload is spread on the remaining staff.
3. People just do not want to be seen surfing in the office – since they are afraid for their jobs.
4. People have better things to do but to surf endlessly.
5. …I am sure there are many more reason you can think of.
It is the first time in the history of the web (I am sure you like those ‘Biggest Recession’ phrases by now) that the overall Internet traffic volume is decreasing.
But don’t despair! If your traffic is falling, there is the SEO Consultant to get your traffic growing again!
Unique Web Content equals High Ranking in Google