Learn the skills to become a full-stack technical marketer: performance and content marketing with a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
From day one, your perception of marketing will be completely transformed. In the first two days you will dive deep into HTML and CSS. Closely following, you will implement SEO best practices for your own landing page and customized blog. The Technical Marketing track will train you to be a full-stack, self-sufficient marketer, whose mission is to help a company increase their customer base by a factor of 10. You will learn relevant industry tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HubSpot, and Mailchimp. To prepare for when you drive 10x traffic, you will learn basic SQL to build your own data pulls from your customer database. This is not the lame marketing course you took in college, this is startup marketing.
The following is an outline of the Technical Marketing curriculum experience:
The Conversion Funnel
- Understand the conversion funnel, terms, and tactics to drive customer action in each part of the funnel.
- Introduction to HTML, CSS, and Github.
- Create and manage landing pages and customize blog templates using HTML, CSS, and Github.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Understand the evolution of search engines and how they currently work
- How to structure text on the page and in meta tags.
- How to choose and prioritize target keywords to improve visibility.
- Link building strategies and tactics.
Paid Placements – Google Adwords, Bing, Facebook, Twitter
- Create high quality ads in Google Adwords and Facebook.
- Optimize and A/B test ads to increase conversions, traffic, and quality score.
- Build out keyword campaigns using Google’s Keyword Tool.
- Understand and execute best practices for landing page optimization.
- Tracking customer engagement with Google Analytics
- What questions is Google Analytics good at answering and what is it bad at answering.
- Learn the Google Analytics reporting interface, including navigation, and custom report building.
- Apply the analytics cycle: Business goals and measurement objectives to website optimization.
Content, E-mail, and Marketing Automation
- Communicate how content maps to buying stages and the target market
- Develop a pipeline for blogging and emailing at a startup while learning how to connect these two activities to the overall marketing strategy.
- Identify relevant topics related to the buyer’s journey using keyword and customer research.
- Understand lead scoring and how email drip campaigns drive customers down the conversion funnel.
Databases, SQL & Customer Segmentation
- Decide what data to collect and how it will be gathered.
- Construct SQL queries to build customer profiles.
- Allocate communication channels according to the value of each segment.
Social Media & Community Management
- How to conduct an objective (social) marketing audit to help inform your marketing plan
- Identify different types of B2B social media strategies and best practices
- Identify which social platforms are best suited for different social strategies
- Know and use the most common social media listening and measurement tools available.
- Understand the role of community manager within an early stage company.
- Understand the impact this community makes on product decisions.
Brand & Positioning
- Understand the tenants of positioning and branding
- Develop value a proposition for each core customer segments
- Develop proof points for each customer segment and how to use them.
Call us for the course availability on the telephone 01 440 1900. For corporate clients we organise on site customised training towards the industry and market specific needs.
SEO Success from the Social Media